August 6-11, 2019. Open to everyone and totally free.
Welcome to one of Scandinavia’s biggest culture festivals. We have over 1 million visits every year. The program consists of over 1 000 things to do, see and listen to. Opera, art, music, carnival, theatre, literature and films. As well as food, local bands and superstars.
The festival takes place in the city centre of Gothenburg, since 1991.
Gothenburg welcomes you
For more information about the city of Gothenburg, visit goteborg.com
Would you like to contact us? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nordic children’s festivals collaborate
Nordic Melting point is the title of a new collaboration between four Nordic children’s festivals: Barnens Kulturkalas in Gothenburg, Barnamenningarhátíð in Reykjavík, Lasten Festarit/Lasten Espoo in Helsinki and Barnafestivalurin in Tórshavn.
The purpose of the collaboration is initially to exchange ideas and best practices in relation to sustainability, equality and diversity in accordance with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, the festivals wish to swap programming ideas and explore possibilities for potential artistic collaborations.
The organisers of the respective events met in Copenhagen in February to plan visits to each festival and identify specific, relevant areas of development.
The dates for the festivals are as follows:
- Barnafestivalurin (organised by the Nordic House in the Faroe Islands): 30 March-7 April
- Barnamenningarhátíð (organised by Visit Reykjavík and Reykjvík City): 9-14 April
- Lasten Espoo (organised by PuskaPromotion): 11 May
- Lasten Festarit (organised by PuskaPromotion): 3 August
- Gothenburg Culture Festival (organised by Göteborg & Co): 6-11 August